Ditulis pada tanggal 18 November 2013, oleh angga, pada kategori News

Desire to open medical education in Malang is motivated by the need to fill the lack of  doctors in Indonesia. Beginning in 1946 until June 1947 Malang used to educate medical students in the evacuation, then after completion of physical revolution, we had accommodated students of professional education (co-ass) from Airlangga University. Faculty of Medicine requires a place of education for young doctors and placing students in RSU Celaket and Psychiatric Hospital Malang. Educational experience that even a piece of and supported by the facilities of IKIP Malang, Celaket and Military Hospitals, Prof. Pringgodigdo personally, Rector of Faculty of Medicine, Airlangga University in that period, and several lecturers who were sympathetic, generating excitement for the institutional set up a medical education in Malang.

In a May 1962 meeting of members of the Indonesian Doctors Malang Branch finally sparked his will to establish a medical school in Malang. Birth of PTKM and ebb-flow of  STKM through the establishment of the Foundation of University of East Java and the Medical College Establishment Committee finally held at City Hall in Malang inaugurated the opening of the College of Medicine, Malang (PTKM) on 14 September 1963 by the Minister of Health May.Jen. dr. Satria. PTKM had accommodated 105 students of the first batch. Accordance with applicable rules, the date of March 18, 1964 PTKM simultaneously had been changed and registered with the Ministry of Higher Education with the number of 76/B.swt/P/64 as High School of Medicine Malang (STKM). In May 1964, when the UB held a consolidation, the STKM offered to enter the UB, but STKM chose to remain the private status. Ups and downs of life STKM coloring.

Since its establishment on 14 September until nationalization on 1 January 1974, the dean of STKM changed 5 times, dr. Sambiono, dr. G. Djauhar, dr. P. Mamahit, back dr. G. Djauhar and dr. Moedarso, respectively. Finally, on January 1, 1974 come out SK Men.Dik.Bud No. 001/0/1974 about nationalization and the opening by the Minister dated February 23, 1974 along with the XI UB Anniversary.

At the time of nationalization does not yet have a FKUB campus. Until 1975 FK office that was in GAPEROMA Jl. Bromo 25 Malang moved to Jl. Guntur 1, replaces UB Head Office. The next year after UB built Head Office, the FK office moved again occupy the drawing room of Engineering Faculty.

Lectures and practicum were originally using IKIP Malang facility, in 1975 started using FP and FT lab, while anatomy lab was still in Soepraoen Hospital. Other laboratories still use rooms lent by Saiful Anwar Hospital.

With as many as 53 full-time lecturers and 36 not fixed lecturers, then the CMS with a letter dated July 21, 1976, No. 446/DN/1976 granted authority to test his own doctor to FKUB. With that test programme, the number of students when nationalization as much as 765 students with 426 young doctors graduate NB/CMS-E3 exams can be solved in 2.5 years. Given the time of nationalization is only one doctor who generated by STKM, 30 doctors graduate NB/CMS-E3 exams, means that since 1976, all doctors are physicians from FKUB exam results.

Currently, the Faculty of Medicine has been accreditate by the National Accreditation Board for Higher Education (BAN-PT) and get the value of A with the number of No.003/BAN-PT/Ak-XI/S1/2008.

One of laboratories in the Faculty of Medicine is the Clinical Pathology Laboratory. Clinical Pathology Laboratory has several times through the replacement of the head of the laboratory to date. Head of the clinical pathology Laboratory for the period 2008-2013 and from the period 2013 to current is Dr. dr. Tinny Endang Hernowati, SpPK(K).